A roller mixer is ideal for gentle mixing action. It consists of a number of motor driven rollers which rotate at either a fixed or variable speed. When the samples are placed between these rollers samples, typically in tubes or bottles, are rolled gently. During this rolling action, simultaneously a rocking action is applied (on select models only) whereby the rollers are gently raised and lowered at one end. This increases the effectiveness of the mixing whilst still providing a subtle action. Ideal for mixing blood samples, viscous substances and liquid-solid suspensions where minimum aeration is required or for aiding de-frosting of samples.
Stuart Analogue tube rollers - SRT6, SRT9
- Rocking and rolling action for complete mixing
- Six roller design with small footprint or nine roller model for high throughput
- Designed for continuous quiet operation
- Can be used in cold rooms or in incubators
- These roller mixers provide a gentle, but highly efficient, rocking and rolling action. The six rollers design has a small space-saving footprint,
- while the nine roller unit has a higher capacity. Control is through a simple on/off switch and the unit will run continuously at the fixed speed of 33rpm
Recommended for mixing blood samples, viscous substances and liquid-solid suspensions where minimum aeration is required. Units can be used in incubators up to 60°C and humidity up to 80%, or in cold rooms down to 4°C. Both roller mixers are robustly constructed and designed for easy cleaning, having plastic rollers and a drip tray to collect accidental spillages. Most sizes of tubes, Bijoux, Universals and bottles can be accommodated, up to 100mm diameter. An accessory stacking system SRT/STACK is available where bench space is at premium.
- SRT6 - 6 Rollers
- SRT9- 9 Rollers